Wednesday, October 22, 2014

PACA IN TOKYO - GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL




WELCOME TO THE POKEMON CENTER


I've been playing Pokemon for the whole of my childhood, actually even up till now so I had to visit this attraction!

When I first heard about the place, I thought it was going to really look like a clinic/hospital with the healing equipment, pc and shizz… then I found out that it was merely a merchandise store. I was slightly disappointed but I still decided to visit anyway!

The whole place used a yellowish lighting which explains why everything is in this Pikachu shade but let me show you around the Pokemon Center!

(I will put up the directions at the end of the post!)






Oh I really really wanted these tops as I used to really like this brand Fig & Viper and the creator Alisa Ueno (please check her out! supaaaa pretty supaaaa stylo) so an official Pokemon apparel line is just so wonderfulllll! 

When I first saw photos of her wearing the tees, I was wondering if it was an official collaboration since there's brands like O-mighty that just idk rip them off… but since they are sold here,  I guess they are! However, since they are official goods, they are… really expensive - 6,500 yen (about SGD 75) for crop top and I can't afford any. Boohoo! (the not legit shizz is pretty overpriced so.. I don't bother too lollol) 




They have L-files in many different designs and I think they are the most useful and reasonably priced things to get? 



Idk what is this



Got this poke ball toy and in it is a stamp and some sweets! 


Was super tempted to buy this back but I think its slightly pricey for that bit of pasta so I bought cup noodles instead! 



Halloween Merchandise! I adore all of them but I think it could be darker…Pikachu actually looked like he's playing in a normal orchestra instead. 




And here's the view of a  train that … was outside the poke center.  (lol)

--


How to get there? 

Address: 1-2-3 Kaigan, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-0022, Japan

Directions: Take the JR Yamanote Line (JR Line) to Hamamatsucho Station, North Exit, walk out of the station, turn right, cross to the opposite side of the road then you can see it on the second level of the building then take the escalator up! Taadaa! 


Please note: They will be moving to Sunshine City @ Ikebukuro in December!! 

-- 

All in all, the Pokemon Center is worth a visit if you're a fan of the whole series. 

If you're only familiar with the mainstream older characters like Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbsaur and don't know much about the newer games, I don't recommend going as you'd be clueless about the array of merchandises available. (Unless you're a huge fan of pikachu… then they'd still have lots of merchandise, enough for you to go broke.) 

For me, I'm glad I still found some merchandise that I like but I'm looking forward more to my next visit (maybe next year?) cause they would bring in more stuff of my favorite version: RUBY AND SAPPHIRE after the 3DS release!!! Hopefully they'd bring back SPHEALLLLL!! 

Ma lovely ball ball say bye~ 





No comments:

Post a Comment