Thursday, October 9, 2014

PACA IN TOKYO DAY 2 - Harajuku



Day 2 was a trip to my most beloved place in Tokyo, HARAJUKU!!! As Sumire and I was going to meet another mutual friend for dinner, she decided to bring me to Harajuku first! AHHH Was so super excited! 

Though its my 4th time to Japan, I'm not exactly sure if I've been to Harajuku but I've been Google Maps-ing and Google Earth-ing this area for most of my life since I was a kid… So finally getting there was like … A DREAM COME TRUE. *heavy breathing* 



Went for lunch at this Curry restaurant nearby! The staff/ chef where indians speaking japanese so .. its pretty cool! 



Don't even know what I'm doing ordering curry when I can eat authentic Japanese food but…. wells there's such an abundance of different races (like singapore) here … so since I am going to be here for such a long while… IMA TRY EVERTHANG


Ordered this Mashed Vegetable curry which was sweet, interesting but I preferred the savory Chicken Curry more which my friend ordered! Naan was hugeeee! Regret not noticing that they have garlic naan or I would've ordered that instead! 



In the train towards Harajuku! Choo choo! 

Got off at Meiji Jingumae Station (Tokyo Metro) instead of the main Harajuku Station (JR Line). Tokyo Metro are mostly underground and JR Line are mostly above land trains. I mostly take the Tokyo Metro Trains so…. I am not really familiar with the JR Line still! 

Meiji Jingumae Station is located nearer to Laforet / Tokyu Plaza whilst Harajuku Station is located right opposite the start of Takeshita Dori. So we kinda walked from the back towards the front instead! 



Takeshita Doriiiiii -swirls around happily- 





Went in a couple of stores *heavy breathing* 










And more shopping………. and a selfie with the famous Takeshita Dori arch 

My friend was really tired so…. its mostly only me going crazy… but I still took the opportunity to make her drag me around hehehe! I was super tired too though (slept for like 2 hours the first day and… didn't sleep well the following night but… I was running my engine purely on HAPPINESS -> lol) 


Then we walked to the back of Takeshita Dori and crossed the road to where Cat Street is! Will blog about it in more detail!  





Found the B SIDE LABEL store! Their stickers are known for their durability hence they are slightly expensive! They're also available in Singapore at Tokyu Hands but.. they went out of stock so I have to get my pacas here! (side note: paca = alpaca )  


MY PACAS at a peru (??) fashion store !!! 



My cousin actually got me a paca that looked similar to the ones they have in this shop and they got it from japan too! hmmm



Also got my Vivienne wallet that day! Bye bye moneeeyyyy 


Went back to the apartment to dump some of the baggage off and headed to Ikebukuro to meet Huiping (our mutual friend) for dinner! 


Went to Animate (Otome Road??? IDK) afterwards 


Intended to look for a Souji omamori for a friend but… didn't find it. booooo 


Friend went cray 


Ate Oden for Supper!! 

Oden is a autumn/winter dish made up of ingredients cooked in soup stock (soy sauce flavored dashi with idk konbu and shizz). You can choose from products such as tofu, fried bean curd, fish cake, radish, egg and many more! Each ingredient would probably cost you about 70~100 yen (around $1 SGD) and they are all stewed for hours so… they are extremely flavorful and fulfilling! Especially if its chilly! 

Abrupt end with a photo of Marimon, Sumire's hedgehog! 

I thought hedgehogs are gonna smell as bad as rabbits, but I'm pretty glad they don't! I wish I could keep a hedgehog as a pet in Singapore though… but they aren't legal booooooo ): 

--

ALSO, I think I would stop blogging by days because… it kinda gets harder because I don't follow an itinerary so my trips are repetitive and on some days  … I just laze around! 

I shall blog by topics/places instead! Hopefully it wouldn't be so "messy" so.. please continue reading my blog! Also, I promise better photos and less nonsensical mumblings LOL. 

---

6 more days till the end of my Tokyo trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment