Sunday, October 5, 2014

PACA IN TOKYO DAY 1 - Ikebukuro


Hey hey! So for all that have been asking me to enjoy Tokyo, I am definitely enjoying myself! hehe 

I intended to do posts out of "nicely" taken photos from my camera but I haven't been going out daily with it, therefore here's a post made up of purely photos from my phone. Additionally, many shops/places don't allow photography hence it's easier to sneak some photos with my phone. keke 

Also, shopping with a dslr isn't the most comfortable thing to do… However, I promise to take more "proper" photos soon as… I'm more or less done with the "all-out" shopping trips. Would make photo-sets of places soon! (shimokitazawa wink winkz)

Side note: A TYPHOON IS COMING and I'm quite excited as there's no such things as typhoons in Singapore! It's raining very heavily now hence, my friend and I decided to forsake our trip to the Taito Region (Asakusa, Ueno & Akihabara) today as it'd be pointless anyway. So it's stay-home Sunday … so I'm trying to get some posts up & scheduled! 

let day 1 beginzzzz


Tendon from Tendon Tenya, Ikebukuro

So when I got to my friend's place, it was already late afternoon. I took some time to unpack then it was already time for dinner so my friend, Sumire and I took a walk to Ikebukuro to grab dinner and for me to stock up on toiletries (supposedly). 

Excused my… shaky-hands but this is the Don Quijote store (Building)

Don Quijote (Donki) is a chain store that sell almost everything; Toiletries, Cosmetics, Food…. Clothes…. Luggages….. Decorations……Alcohol.... Contact Lenses…. so I have no idea how to categorize this store… Drugstore…? 

We went to the Ikebukuro Branch which is conveniently located opposite the Ikebukuro Station, East Entrance. (click here for map) 





Since its nearing Halloween, the Japanese have been going crazy over this festival. Merchandise and decorations can be found EVERYWHERE. 




Donki sells EVERYTHANG (open 24/7 too) 

Takes a selfie inside the store so that I can send it to my dad

So… I bought a bit of snacks and … a bit of everything except the things that I actually intended to buy : TOILETRIES (was using my friend's … and didn't get mine until….. 4 days later LOL) 


Shitload of Instant Noodles! HOO HA




Dropped by a convenience store whilst heading back to the apartment… and bought more food.

Convenience stores (konbini) are EVERYWHERE. Unlike Singapore where they only can be found at shopping malls or train stations, their konbini are really open for CONVENIENCE. Little stores and eateries can also be found along small streets and under residential areas! Spent lots of money buying drinks and rice balls everyday- but i'm happy




An example of how evil konbinis can get. WENT OUT AT MIDNIGHT AND GOT CUP NOODLES (happened for a few days) 

-- 

Here's a short post on my Day 1 in Japan! (Though if we're friends on Facebook.. you would have already seen most of these photos - oops) 

Shall schedule Day 2 to be up tomorrow so just keep supporting k? 

Since I am going to be here for quite a while, I might as well make most of it and in case anyone of you want to make a request…. please fill in the formz below! I'd really appreciate your response! 

-winks winkzzzz- -face crampz-

No comments:

Post a Comment