Sunday, May 25, 2014

TRIPPY ASS PHOTOS - Music Matters Live 2014

Didn't expect myself to turn-up for Music Matters Live @ Clarke Quay, Singapore since I'm not much involved in this particular scene but I wanted to meet up with a couple of friends so I went.... and even got to shoot for a bit! Thank god I brought my camera out. Unfortunately, I wasn't "well-equipped" but hooray! This is my first time shooting gigs. 

As much I would like to pretend that I know music very well.... I don't. However, I do like my Japanese rock music but my music preferences does not stop at that. I listen to everything! No matter indie or mainstream, I love finding new songs to listen to! (Confession: I'm pretty bad at remembering song names so... I often forget what I listened to. lol)

Ever since my internship started, I've been heavily reliant on Spotify to fulfill my musical needs and the songs I listen most to nowadays are leaning towards Electronic (since they keep me awake better!). I'm pretty sure I have tons of bands to check out this following week. 

Gentle Bones - Joel Tan. [I love this "split" in colors hence it became the photo to start of the set!] 

In the the span of less than 3 hours, I caught 4 bands all at different locations and THEY WERE ALL SUPERB!! 


The Stonewolf Band





They performed at the main stage hence, with my 50mm lens, it was kinda far and it was hard to beat the crowd, hence they were used to "frame" instead. haha! 

The Stonewolf Band wouldn't be from the usual genre I listen to but I liked them! Out of the songs I heard them perform, "Calling My People" would be my favorite! 

Loved the vocals and I was so tempted to approach the lead singer for a photo when I saw him strolling around afterwards but.... welllllll......... I guess I'd stick to listening to them, without that photo. ]:  


 Tired Lion








The vocal range of Tired Lion's lead singer reminds me subtly of Cyndi Lauper... Oh dammmmm I love it. Singing and playing the guitar is such a feat! Especially when I can't even do one of them by their own.. 

I love love love female lead singers, feminine vocals coupled with that "grunge-y" rock music.... My kinda jam! Totes bringing out the indie whilst dressed so "hipster-y", erm... Hair, checked! Doc Marts, checked! Vintage looking clothes, checked! 



Gentle Bones





This is the artiste that all my friends that I was with, were raving about and I must say that Gentle Bones was not a disappointment! Delivering great tracks and charming all the girls with the vocals.... damm, he's gonna go far!  (Gentle Bones = the lead singer but he played along with a band - just found this out. haha!)

Though I'm not familiar with the "underground" music scene but I actually know one song, "Until We Die" ! Not bad right ;) - jk it's not really "underground" anymore since it was played on the radio. haha! Local artistes are getting soooooo good!!  

JPNSGRLS





Last band that I caught was this un-japanese band called "Japanese Girls". They're actually caucasians from Canada and ... THEY WERE SO DAMM HILARIOUS! 

Their lead singer was such a charmer with his jokes and antics and I couldn't stop laughing throughout the live! I mean... look at these: 


Delivering songs like Smalls and Mushrooms really got the crowd hyped up! There were so many artists from other bands staying to catch their performance too!

My course mates got to interview them afterwards and they were sooooooo tall, I felt like a midget. All of them are towering in the 180s and the bassist may just be above 2 meters tall!

I managed to get a photo with the lead singer and ...  here are they!



My hair was covered in his sweat afterwards! Haha. Hope they'd be able to fulfill their "japanese" ambitions, you go "girl"!

That's the end of my trip to Music Matters Live! Hope y'all enjoyed my first set of "gigs" photos because I surely enjoyed myself!! Was super beat from all my activities throughout the Saturday and I still had to attend a shoot the next day - which i didn't really shoot because I was so so so tired. Ended up helping them with the miscellaneous work instead. lollol productive much! :[ still have a couple of shots so I'd post them up soon enough! :))

Thank you my dear course mates for letting me tag along and for the awesome company! Love y'all!



PS.  I know I promised a post on Blueprint + Audi Fashion Festival + Disclosure... but I didn't manage to bring my camera so I only have some snaps from my phone.... so I'd have this post up and see what I can do with those lousy shots from my phone.... yea?  Still, Thank you for checking out le blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment