Sunday, April 13, 2014

FASHION STEPS OUT 2014

On 5th April 2014, Singapore's Orchard Road had their longest fashion runway featuring the last Spring/Summer 2014 collection of Aimer, Ashley Isham, David Koma, DEPRESSION, i.t, Manish Arora, MAX&Co., Robinsons and The Reckless Shop. 

Went there with one of my seniors from my school's photography club,  Henry  who is also interested in fashion photography- much better than me too (sigh). He's also one of the photographers for Poshism - Singapore's version of lookbook which used to be more popular (now kinda dead lol). So please check out his page to see his works yeaaaap. 

Photos are not arranged to chronological order/ by brands. From the quality of my photos, its really hard to identify which belongs to which brand... but I kinda tried. Will definitely keep in mind to take note of the brands in the future - its my second time attending such an event so... I'd do better!

Time for the photos! 





Aimer 
Where everyone had that "Victoria Secret Moment".

Enjoyed myself checking their bodies out and I feel pretty inferior as compared to them who are blessed with good looks and physique. But I'm no actually complaining as I myself don't do anything to "stay-in-shape" so blame it on my laziness la. On a "happier" note, not all of them are flawless - I noticed a saggy ass. 


Ashley Isham

Actually don't have decent photos of his beautiful gowns. Argh. 





Check out that armmmmm - the reason why I took photos. *cough* So damm glad I did, love that caucasian model's expression. 










I like this brand. Checked their clothes out even before this event and I would love to get some clothes from there if not for my financial capability- poor. 





Actually have no idea why they were included but well...  I definitely can't comment as I don't even know my brands well. (having difficulty identifying my photos. lol halp) 

PS. the model on the right is IRINA TAN another pretty girl that I admire - love reading her blog too 



This model had the best expressions that day, she changed her stance and expression every second during her 5 seconds pause from walking. (I took like 6 photos just from that moment) 



David Koma

To be honest, I never heard of this brand before ( I may be living under a rock with Patrick) but I'm loving the looks of it! It super nice to look at but I highly doubt the chances of pulling the look off. ]:

I really like the slightly hunched model as she's so noticeable and SHE'S A GINGER. holy. and so pretty but they're actually all super pretty so... what the hell am I talking about. 




The lighting was HELL. We picked a really bad spot which was right in front of a spotlight and our photos turned out really shitty. These were the only few decent enough for viewing. 

Bad lighting, massive crowd and noob photography skills will be the death of me. 

Most of my photos turned out blur or just plain ugly and almost made me break out in tears. jk not really but I felt that I wasted my effort -  its not like my effort is worth much either hahaha. 

In addition, my genius-ness led me to taking these photos in JPEG which means I couldn't really reduce the grainy-ness in place in all of these photos. SIGH PIE BOO HOO 


Lastly, here's my favorite shot of the day - set the b&w version of it as my phone wallpaper. hur hur 


Will definitely look for more fashion opportunities as this set of photos are definitely not I'm gonna stop at - especially when they aren't very good. sigh. Well, this event was public which is the reason why I'm able to shoot but having to fight with a massive crowd wasn't enjoyable. 

How do I help myself? 

Again, dear friends... if you're willing to sacrifice some time to become a tribute... lemme take photos of you.  please. 

oh if you have any opportunities ..... please please please rope me in too. thank youuuu 


1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about! Your photos turned out awesome despite the lighting situation!! I really love the first and last photo *__*

    ReplyDelete