Sunday, September 21, 2014

Some Whites & Some Love To Local Arts

So … It's been 6 and a half months since I entered Zalora for my internship program and I've finally "graduated" from it! My internship was supposed to be just 5 months but I extended it as I enjoyed the company of my colleagues. In addition, I'm heading to Japan for a short getaway before school reopen so… I might as well earn some additional income. 

These days, I've been quite interested in the local arts scene and I've met some very lovely graphic designers/illustrators (and also musicians) who I am more than happy to support. Heading to flea markets quite often in order to show some love and also to purchase some of their merchandise. 

Met up with Sharley (Hatake) yesterday to drop by Public Garden's flea market, before she head back to London to continue with her studies. She found this little area and I finally did a little shoot which I promised her with, since quite a while back. 

The photos I took of her are to be post-processed by herself so… here's my share of photos which she helped me with. Also, in full black clothing recently… so here's an addition of some whites to my black soul/ heart/ face. 




My outfit featuring a lovely tee which I purchased from Peggy (Boogerust). I've been much in love with her illustrations since I "discovered" her through Instagram.  Hence, I bought a notebook with her "Potbabies" (i think) design during The Local People when she had a booth.  

This tee caught my eye during the event too but I was running low on funds so… I was trying very hard not to spend money on top of that notebook… but since she had two more tees leftover after the event, I gave in to temptation… and I took one of them off her hands *_* 

(cause the design isn't very obvious in the photo set) 


Haven't regretted my decision as she included some lovely stickers of her works which I immediately pasted on my laptop. Peggy, I love your workkksss #masterofthedarkarts 






Well, not forgetting this illustrator who I much adore, Sarah Thursday… here am I… featuring (again) the tote bag I got from her, during the previous Public Garden Flea which was a month back. Been lugging it around extremely often ever since I bought it and…. I've been really really happy with it! hehe 
It fits all my nonsense and .. I LOVE LOVE HER DESIGNS so damm much. (that monster keychain thing is from my beloved supervisor from Zalora hehe) 
Can't wait to collect all her merchandiseeeee. 


As you can see, I seem to have been enlightened.

I picked up my pen again and started drawing for a bit too but of course its no where as good. However, I am considering printing my paca drawings (check them out on my insta) into stickers so that I can spread the love for them… so …. hopefully soon enough? teehee 

Besides Boogerust and Sarah Thursday, please also check out Ultra Violets Design, I've been bugging her these few days - mainly about her phobia of pigeons but her illustrations are all so captivating too! Got some stickers from her previously - still contemplating where to stick them on my laptop. 



Do me a favor and give local artists some love yea? <3 

Go follow their social media accounts and stalk for when they are having a booth! Cause I'm not too sure too ):  I have a few more artists that I am following but I'd leave that for next time! Oh god, I wanna get so much more stuff from all these talented people but why am I so poor….?

Oh, lastly, quick mention, I'm going to Tokyo, Japan really soon (end of this week) so I'm really really excited. I promise to blog more often then and… to my dear friends, I'd definitely buy all of you some goodies <3 <3 

I'd post up the photos of Sharley (as per mentioned above) when she's done with them too! 

Till then…. … Stay… Fab. 


No comments:

Post a Comment