Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ramen Bar Suzuki

My ramen craze which has been on going since September 2012 hasn't ended and apparently, it became even stronger. 

ლ(´◉❥◉`ლ) come to mama my dearest ramen. 

On Monday (21/10/2013), I visited this wonderful Ramen restaurant by the name of 

"Ramen Bar Suzuki"

... (thinking of it is making me drool and die a little inside, I miss you so much ;_;) 

*Note: Address of Restaurant is at the end of the post*


Above two pictures do not belong to me, credit to their owners

I actually got to know of this restaurant thanks to a new friend that I made through Instagram. The owner of Ramen Bar Suzuki (Suzuki-san) is actually a good friend of his and .... I actually rushed to the stall the next day I'm introduced to it! Wahaha

oh god I'm a kuishinbo (glutton)

I was actually so excited that I mistook the dinner opening hours for 5:30pm instead of the actual 6pm.... so my friend, Zelia and I reached there at around 5:40pm and wandered around aimlessly (like a duo of idiots)..... 


The glass window we peered through in desperation of food, upon discovery that the store isn't open YET

Explored the area (boat quay), discovered some bars, hideouts, restaurants, magically ponyland and also Instagram-ed some pictures. (Please check out out instagram! Mine: @kiwizm , Zelia's: @godzeliaaa) 





Soon enough, its 6:00pm!!!! Then we rushed there (like a duo of idiots, again). Sadly, we weren't the first customers );  


Free flow green tea, hard boiled eggs, mayo and toppings (fried garlic, sesame seeds, chili powder,etc) ! 


Though we're noobs in the ramen "scene" ... I still wanted to sit at the bar counter.. so we did, awkwardly  

File:Well this is awkward.gif




We tried to order our ramen as fast as we could.... but as we are a duo of idiots but it took us awhile and even asked the waitress for help hahahahaha 


Here's my order! (with close-ups) 

What I ordered: 

Jet Black Tonkotsu Ramen + Special topping ($3 for extra meat, egg and seaweed)

  • Meat: Its fragrant and tasty! Its slightly dry as its roasted (?) using a flame burner ( didn't see the process in real life but I actually researched on a store and found a picture of them doing it, haha!) 
  • Egg: Superb!!! The yolk is perfectly soft and creamyyyy! and its a whole egg! yum yum yum 
  • Noodles: Thin and good to slurpppppppp!! 
  • Toppings: If you're wondering, the 'dubious' black substance in the middle ain't seaweed! Its squid ink!!!! Squid ink, garlic, miso and minced pork. *tummy rumbles* Also, that red substance ain't plum or whatsoever, its their special home-made sauce! I would order x2 the spiciness as the normal level ain't spicy at all wahahhaa..... 
  • Service: The staff were very attentive!! The ramen was also prepared very very quickly to satisfy our starving bellies. 
  • Bonus: There's no bamboo shoots for this bowl of ramen I ordered, but I could deal with it. YUM!! 
  • Price:  Not exactly cheap for my bowl (with extra toppings). In total we paid $40.95 for 2 bowls of ramen ($14.90, $13.90), Sprite ($3), Special toppings ($3), service charge (10%) and GST (7%). Mine costed: $20 


HOWEVER.... I'M PERFECTLY FINE WITH THE PRICE (though i kinda wish there's a discount, so that i can eat it more whaahahaha) 

Also, I secretly wish they have toroniku (pork cheek) to go with the ramen too. oh those delicious pieces of meat that drives me insane 

Finished my ramen in record timing! 


Zelia ordered their Emerald Green Ramen which is basil and cheese flavoured... and THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I SAW HER FINISH HER FOOD SO QUICKLY. AND..... SHE ACTUALLY FINISHED IT O_O

also, I'm proud to say I have converted her to become a ramen addict like me. hahahahahahaha





Finally took some pictures of the surroundings (and myself) after finishing my ramen! Didn't have time to stop slurping hahahahaha! 

Drank 3 cups of green tea! 

Unlike the disgusting green tea they serve at RamenPlay which I only drank one quarter.  AND THIS IS FREE FLOW & FREEEEEEE. TAKE THIS!!! $3 RAMENPLAY GREEN TEA  D:< 


Discovered Weekly Jump!! they're available under the ramen counter hahaa 

One piece daisuki!!! (I love One Piece!!) 


Self shots after that satisfying meal!!

Oh yah!! After eating, I finally managed to gain enough courage (as I was too shy) to greet Suzuki-san (owner) and told him that his friend introduced me to his store, also, praised his ramen. hehe 

He's really friendly and humble! He even texted me to thank me for visiting!! (he has my number as I texted him beforehand, owing to my friend who got me his number hahaha)  

would SURELY SURELY SURELY visit again. whoop whoop 




Felt so ramenergized (ramen + energized) and went to explore the area!! 



Strolled into Fullerton Hotel and made use of their facilities!  Wahahaha





Camwhores! Hahaha (photos are filtered if you haven't already noticed hahaha) 

Got out of Fullerton Hotel and .... visited some really touristy and iconic spots of Singapore!! 



An exhibit on display at the Esplanade (with a performer) 

Went window shopping and had some ice cream afterwards! Can't believe I did that much on a Monday after school. hahaha!! 

A picture of the iconic Merlion to end the post!! 



Please Visit:

RAMEN BAR SUZUKI 


61 Circular RD #01-01
Singapore, Singapore 049415 (Boat Quay) 

Nearest Mrt: Raffles Place 

Opening hours: 
Monday- Saturday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm (lunch), 6:00pm - 00:00am (dinner)  
Closed on Sunday



Pictures are taken by me (with my Iphone) unless stated! hehehehee




PS. like half an hour later... I can't believe I said it but.... I did. "I wanna eat ramen" 

No comments:

Post a Comment